Roberts Columbus Max Frame
SIZING & SPEC
|Seat Tube (centre to centre)||49.5cm|
|Bottom Bracket Thread||English|
Centre to top
|Top Tube Length||54cm|
Roberts bicycles are handmade to the highest quality using the finest materials. They manufacture timeless classic British steel road and track frames that are functional, elegant, thoughtfully designed.
Charlie Roberts, a bike builder for Holdsworth, built his own bikes in his basement to generate extra income. He got his sons, Chas and later Geoff, involved at an early age, filing lugs and welding carrier racks for years before graduating to bike building at 14 years old. Shortly after deciding to leave Holdsworth and strike out on his own, he was able to secure premises on site of another shop, Geoffrey Butler Cycles, where they built Roberts-branded frames which sold through the shop as well as out of the family home. (The clean CR branding was directly inspired by a 'CP' logo once used by Crystal Palace FC.) Roberts also built frames under other labels for Condor and W.F.Holdsworth.
Roberts pioneered the use of thicker seat stays for stiffer frames with improved power transmission. In 1979 Charlie Roberts died suddenly, and Chas took over managing the business with his brother Geoff building frames.
Geoff would go on to set up his own workshop, changing the logo to 'GR'. Full (very full) history of Roberts bicycles
Our frames are checked for wear, damage and alignment. Rear spacing is listed as the actual measurement.
If you should require more information or more photos of any of our products, don't hesitate to get in touch!
Great for commuting, touring, or weekend cruising. Steel rides like no other material, sturdy yet smooth.
- The integrity of every bike, frame & component is guaranteed for 1 year.
- Re-built and thoroughly checked over by our specialist mechanics.
- Ask our thousands of happy customers!
Help us fight unnecessary waste
- Switching to cycling for your commute is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Plus, by making the switch, the average Londoner could save thousands of pounds a year on public transport - there’s no reason not to ride!
- We’re proud to recycle all used inner tubes and tyres (we can recycle yours too!)